It’s about to be 2019. 2018 was a wonderful year for “thisisyourbestyear”. We hope that you have enjoyed the ride. The ride tried to inform, educate, give you laughter, keep you engaged and more. It is our hope that you are ready to continue this journey.
In all of these activities, events, seminars and other things we have always wanted to inform you. Being women of a certain age, we wanted to show you that the world is now ours to do with as we wish. Sometimes we couldn’t believe what we talked about.
In 2018 we expanded our social media outreach. Not only are we on Facebook and Twitter we finally made the leap to Instagram plus we even do Instagram TV. We’ve tried to post to at least one of these outlets on a daily basis. We even did our first podcast this year–it was great (Inspired to Greatness with Matt Blake). We were excited that Dallas Voyage Magazine labeled us an “Influencer” (April 25, 2018).
As we enter 2019 we are excited to see what it will bring. As we have previously found out there is so much to do, see and learn. So 2019 should be even better. We are here for you.
We’ve already started on our review of Clark’s Botanical Skincare. It is a review that will take us approximately six weeks to conclude. You can find out more about the beginning of this review on our Instagram TV channel (thisisyourbestyear) or on our Facebook Page (thisisyourbestyear).
Here are some of the things we talked about in 2018
- Graying Hair–what to do
- Meeting Comedian Sheryl Underwood
- Covered the Puttin’ on the Pink Fashion Luncheon/talked about the Kupferie Health Board of Texas Resources Foundation, and their mobile health outreach
- Attended the 5th Annual Juried Art Show at the Lenora Rolla Heritage Museum
- Flower design class at Whole Foods
- Interviewed Amara Russell about her latest book “A Rare Diamond”
- Participated in the Go Red Event–American Heart Association of Tarrant County
- Featured small women’s businesses which will one day be large businesses
- Cosmetics for women of a certain age
- Alzheimer’s Caregivers
- Tarrant County Women’s Policy Forum
- Lone Star Film Festival
- Featured in Voyage Dallas Magazine (twice)
- Women in Leadership (Women’s Foodservice Forum)
- Covered events at Kimball Art Museum
- Covered events at Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- Covered two former First Ladies of the United States–Laura Bush with her daughters and Michelle Obama (before her book release)
- Covered Women’s History Month
- Covered the opening of the Taste Project–pay what you can restaurant
- Domestic violence
- Fort Worth Food and Wine Festival
- Seniors and sex
- Bryon Nelson golf tournament
- Organic olive oil
- Perot Museum with grandchildren
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Garden Party
- Holiday Tea
- Amon Carter Museum
- Signs of Pancreatic Cancer
- Social Security Benefits
- New Orleans Cooking School
- So much more…..
We are looking forward to sharing even more with you in 2019. Let us know what you would like for us to talk about, events that you would like for us to cover and more. We will try our best to meet your request.
Thank you for voting us Best Blog/Blogger 2018 in the Star-Telegram’s Fort Worthy Contest.
Please follow us on our social media sites at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Remember “thisisyourbestyear”. Happy New Year. 2019 is going to be great. You are not too old!
Daphne GreenDecember 30, 2018 at 7:38 pm
Can’t wait! I look forward to reading and and attending events next year!! Your blogs are inspiring!
thisisyourbestyearDecember 30, 2018 at 8:11 pm
I look forward to seeing you model, act and all that you do. Thanks for reading, and remember “thisisyourbestyear”.