It has been a wonderful year, talking and discussing so many different topics with you the readers. Your comments have been funny, informative, creative and given me ideas of other topics. “thisisyourbestyear” is about us and our journey.
Our top 5 posts of 2015 are as varied as you the readers, but in each one of them there is a strong woman of a certain age somewhere. Here’s the list.
- #5 A House Where “Sunny” Shines Bright Mrs. Sunny Graham is a dynamic businesswoman, entrepreneur, wife and mother. Her most endearing quality was that she is an extraordinary mentor who is always giving back. Her story is a great American story of hard work and determination. Her post is: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/2015/11/05/a-house-where-sunny-shines-bright/
- #4 Interview With The Artistic Director Of The Dallas Black Dance Theater–April Berry Ms. Berry is a former dancer who was stepping into some very big shoes when she took over the helm of the Dallas Black Dance Theater. Her journey to this position highlights her passion for dance. Her vision for the Dallas Black Dance Theater is a labor of love. Her post is: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/2014/12/18/interview-with-the-artistic-director-of-the-dallas-black-dance-theater-april-berry/
- #3 Breast Cancer Awareness–Prayers For Paulette And Her 8 Children This post started when I noticed Paulette on Facebook, and could not believe that she had 8 children. This is a story in itself. Paulette Leaphart is a beautiful woman inside and outside. She is fighter, she is a warrior. She is taking on breast cancer. Her story is of faith in God. Her post is: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/2015/10/10/breast-cancer-awareness-prayers-for-paulette-and-her-8-children/
- #2 MegaFest 2015 August 20-22 in Dallas, Texas Bishop T. D. Jakes held a press conference with the city leaders of Dallas to announce MegaFest would again be held in Dallas. First Lady Serita Jakes was there to not only lend support, but to let them know of the many activities that were for the entire family and some that were just for women. Their post is: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/2015/01/22/megafest-2015-augst-21-22-in-dallas-texas/
- #1 Old Ladies And Crazies Can I just say that the old, crazy ladies in the post are my heroes. They epitomize what “thisisyourbestyear” is about. We may be women of a certain age, but we are not the same. We do not fit a particular mold. Mrs. Inda Lou Lambert Schell did not let the death of her husband deter her, she decided to travel just like they had planned. She went on with her life. Her post is: https://thisisyourbestyear.com/2015/07/05/old-ladies-and-crazies/