It has always been my belief that every day should be Mother’s Day. Mothers give out words of wisdom from the first moment they lay eyes on their bundle of joy. Sometimes the wisdom seems funny to us, but as we mature we understand what they were really saying
Today we will share some wisdom from some of the smartest people who just happen to be mothers of some of our followers. Their words may help you and others.
- Virvus Williams’ words of wisdom as it pertains to marriage–“Start out the way you intend it to end.”
- Mazel Greers’ words of wisdom as it pertains to life–“You can do anything you set your mind to do.”
- A favorite scripture from Barbara Childs taken from 1 Chronicles 4:10–“Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!”
- Alvin Johnson on raising children–“All children need a praying mother.”
- Thelma Theresa Johnson on people who steal–“They could steal the sweetness out of a gingersnap without breaking the crust!”
- Lois Beverly on hanging around disgruntle coworkers–“Remember when you grin you’re in.”
- Ruby Cooper on grandparents babysitting grandchildren–“I’ll call you when I want to see them.”
We now find ourselves saying some of the things that our mothers said to us, and our children think the same thing we did. Remember “thisisyourbestyear”–it’s called the circle of life. Happy Mother’s Day!
*Share some of your mom’s sayings and words of wisdom with us in the comments.