Do you have your AARP card? Do you use your AARP card? At the age of 50 you can start to use the many benefits of the AARP card, or as some people call it the “old people’s card”.
All people who are 50 years older of age or older are eligible for full membership with AARP–you can join at a younger age and enjoy many benefits as an associate member. The name is really American Association of Retired People, and no you do not have to be retired to join and take advantage of the savings, but more importantly, the information this organization gives out.
There is a cost to joining AARP, but the many benefits that you can have will quickly exceed the cost. Just think of the money you save at restaurants. I know that it may be only one or two dollars, but they quickly add up, and most of us are all about making our money go further.
As an AARP member, you will get a free secondary membership for your household, access to hundreds of carefully chosen discounts, programs, and services including AARP The Magazine, and much more.
Here are some of the benefits and discounts that you can take advantage of by joining AARP:
- Auto and Health Insurance–insurance coverage and safe driving solutions designed especially for the 50-plus group.
- Dining and Shopping Discounts–ask at your favorite restaurants and stores, if you don’t ask…..
- Cell Phones–ask your carrier about discounted plans and phones.
- Car Rental–if they don’t have the discount, ask and they may give you one.
- Hotels and Resorts–most national chains offer the AARP discount.
- Dental Insurance–this is something that a lot of people don’t have.
- Financial Planning–wills, guardian coverage, and more.
- Entertainment–from movies to concerts and more.
- Travel–transportation, cruises, etc.
- Education–free webinars and programs.
- Monthly magazine–digital or print.
- Monthly bulletin–digital or print.
- So much more.
There are local chapters that meet monthly and do different activities including speakers, outings, opportunities to connect with new people, and more. If you can’t locate the nearest local chapter, you can go to the national website to find the nearest location.
They haven’t had one in a while, but they were known for their national conventions with international entertainers, world-known speakers, great information, tours, and awesome free products. I heard they had UPS and FedEx there so you could ship all the goodies back home. Hopefully, in the future, the conventions will return.
To find out more about the benefits of AARP go to their website. I am sure there will be something that catches your attention. You decide if it is worth the cost to join AARP. Remember “thisisyourbestyear”, and membership does have its benefits.