It’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the importance of having an annual mammogram is front and center. The cost has always been a deterrent for some, but in this age of COVID-19, it has become even more of a deterrent since there are many people still out of work and watching their money carefully. It may take a little research, but there are places that offer free mammograms. Some places only offer these free services during Cancer Awareness Month, but others offer them and other services all year.
We’ve put together a list (there are others) to assist you in locating a place to get your annual mammogram at no cost or low-cost. Check your local area for these services and more.
- Four Ways to Find Free Mammograms in Your State
- Breast Cancer Freebies
- The Affordable Healthcare Act
- Center for Disease Control–National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP)
- Free Mammograms in Texas
- Free Mammograms at Dallas Parkland Hospital–check your county hospital
- Free Mammograms in DuBois, Pennsylvania for Uninsured or Underinsured Women–check your county hospital
Don’t wait for next October to think about your mammogram, ask around, and find out where you or someone you know can obtain a free mammogram. Be aware all year–“thisisyourbestyear”. We want to wear pink just because we look “pretty in pink.”
If you know of other places to obtain free or low-cost mammograms, please share in the comments. It could save a life.