Every time women of a certain age talk about Spring Break, we automatically think of Spring Cleaning. We think of putting away winter clothing, changing the comforter, clearing out the pantry, deep cleaning this and that. Why do we do that? Is there an unwritten rule that we have to use our time away from the office working while everyone else is enjoying their time off? What’s to keep us from doing the Spring Cleaning a little at a time after Spring Break? This year I decided to do just that.
When I left work on the Friday before Spring Break, I went home and did my weekend cleaning that night–I was determined that this would be my Spring Break. There would be no deep cleaning this Spring Break. There would be the day to day cleaning, but nothing that would take all day and/or all week.
Here is my week of during Spring Break. What was yours like?
- Sunday–great church service at Carter Metropolitan CME Church, and then dinner with my husband and our youngest daughter. Then I did a movie (Creed) in my pajamas with my husband and popcorn and wine.
- Monday–massage at Perfect Touch with Katie that made me want to lay there for a couple of hours. Went walking with my sorority sister and made my steps then coffee at Starbucks afterwards. Then I decided to make homemade peanut butter cookies. The kitchen was smelling good. We ate them while we watched the movie again (it was rented for 2 days).
- Tuesday–my guilty pleasure of a facial. I absolutely love getting facials especially at my favorite place Ageless Perfection Skincare. Miss Ruby is the best. Started reading “Natchez Burning” by Greg Iles for a book club I just joined. It is a very exciting read.
- Wednesday–my best friend since second grade and I went to the Amon Carter Musuem of American Art to check out their latest exhibition–American Epics (Thomas Hart Benton and Hollywood). Yes, it is very good and educational. Then we were off to West 7th Street to have lunch outside because the weather was just perfect. We tried our tastebuds at Mash’d, a place we had never gone to. The best lemonade bar none. I like mine tart, my friend likes hers sweet, we were both happy. Then my daughter cancelled our walk, but I went anyway–got my steps in.
- Thursday–manicure and pedicure at Zizi’s. Even decided to have a glass of wine while I was getting serviced.
- Friday–going to a networking event for women sponsored by the women’s division of the Metropolitan Black Chamber of Commerce. Got my TABC certification so that I can volunteer for the Fort Worth Food and Wine Festival.
- Saturday–meeting with volunteer coordinator for Fort Worth Food and Wine Festival to get my assignment. Then on to Fair Park to cover BeautyCon so that I can report about it to you, and see what they have for women of a certain age.
I started each morning with my prayers and coffee in my pj’s, and ended each night with wine and prayers in my pj’s. The house is still clean, yes the sweaters still need to go to the cleaners and be put away (well maybe, this is Texas weather). I’ll just drop them off on my way to work after Spring Break.
Spring Break is not for Spring Cleaning, it is for taking a Break during the Spring. Remember “thisisyourbestyear”–you can clean next week.
Tasha FosterMarch 18, 2016 at 6:51 pm
Good for you, sounds like you had an excellent spring break!!!!