As we mature, it seems that people we love find it hard to find Christmas presents that we like. They aren’t quite sure that they have selected the one gift that we will really enjoy. Our taste in clothing and such may have changed, we have decided that more is not always the way to go.
Let’s talk about gifts that are not your run of the mill gifts, but they might make some of us happy. We’re just giving people hints at what we might like.
- At home makeup artist–someone to do your makeup for you. I know that we can go to the mall and have the nice lady at the counter do our makeup, but we have to drive there and then go home. It doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Ask the lady at your favorite cosmetic counter if she would consider doing your makeup at your house, and the cost. If you use something like Mary Kay, ask your representative to do your makeup. You can even have your friend whose makeup is always great to come in and work her magic.
- At home hair salon–well not really the entire salon, just the necessities and a few products. You know when you took that shower, how your hair was not the same, or you had it done the day before, and can’t quite get it like the stylist did. Ask your favorite stylist to come and do their magic or ask your friend to do it.
- Girlfriends getaway–must be at least 3 days and 2 nights. What’s the point in going away if you get there, check in, eat dinner, go to bed, get up, eat breakfast and leave? Again 3 days and 2 nights This does not have to be at the Ritz Carlton, just somewhere you would enjoy. If you want rest and relaxation, don’t get a place close to shopping or vice versa. It would be something special (I think) if you could rent an entire Bed and Breakfast for a girlfriends getaway. How about a nice timeshare?
- Wine lover? Can’t make it to a vineyard, how about a winemaking class where you make your own wine. Then you bottle it and put your own personal label on–then drink it.
- Lifestyle concierge–I did this for myself for Mother’s Day. They can help you organize anything from closets to your life. I have the name of a great one in the North Texas area. You will be surprised at how little you need. You will like the organization. These are just a few suggestions for gifts for women of a certain age.
Remember “thisisyourbestyear”. Share your gift ideas with us.
women50plusDecember 11, 2015 at 2:22 pm
Great ideas, thanks! It is fun to give people an experience rather than a thing. They will be very surprised and will enjoy it for sure.
thisisyourbestyearDecember 11, 2015 at 5:07 pm
Thanks for reading. I do think outside the box gifts are great. Hope you continue to read us. Remember “thisisyourbestyear”.