Inspiring–Hats Off To Mothers–Easter Seals of North Texas
As a non-hat wearer, it was a challenge to find a hat, and then find something that would kind of go with it to wear to the Easter Seals of North Texas annual “Hats Off To Mothers Luncheon”. It was well worth the effort. There are a variety of community organizations that honor women, and use the funds received to assist in their causes. I can truly say that the Easter Seals of North Texas is one of the best to attend.
The Hats Off To Mothers Luncheon honors outstanding mother’s in the North Texas area. These women are community minded, and are all loving mothers. Each one of the honorees has a story to tell concerning a hat that has a meaning to them personally.
Easter Seals of North Texas is a nonprofit that has for over 75 years in the North Texas area guided, supported and inspired those with disabilities to reach for the stars. They assist over 4500 people of all abilities with assistance each year.
There were demure hats, and those that seemed to have been worn the week before at the Kentucky Derby. It was a beautiful, fun sight to behold. There was good conversation, entertainment, cocktails and food, but most of all there was information and testimonies that inspired every person in the room.
A powerful testimony was given by Nicole Lasswell who told of the work that Easter Seals of North Texas had done with her son who is autistic. Her testimony was a mother’s heart felt thanks to those who had assisted her family.
- Jineen Bessire who is the mother of two children. She is a very active member of several organizations including Junior League, TCU Frogs for the Cure and the Jewel Charity Ball. Her children introduced her as an amazing strong woman who had survived breast cancer who works to assist others.
- Jill Clifton who is the mother of three children. Jill is the Chief Operating Officer of Cendera Funding. Her children said that she was the “boss” lady, but also their best friend.
- Joan Trew is the mother of three children. She is an iconic figure in Fort Worth and the co-founder of Williams Trew Realty. Her children talked of her faith.
- Tonya Veasey is the mother of one son. She is the president and CEO of OCG PR. She is the president of the Congressional Black Caucus Spouses’. Her son introduced her as the mom of the year.
- Robin Ward is the mother of two daughters. She is professor of math and the director for the Curriculum Integration for the Rice University Mathematics Project. She is also a huge TCU athletics fan. Her children told the audience a secret, their mom was also a spy.
You can learn about the amazing things that Easter Seals of North Texas does by going to: http://www.easterseals.com/northtexas/
HATS OFF TO MOTHERS EVERYWHERE